Saturday, September 16, 2006

Russian sauna and real presents...


We went to a russian sauna today. Just 5 guys. the real deal. We got a VIP sauna suit with a changing room, dinning room, showers, bedroom, a cold pool and of course a quality sauna. First we ate some good food. I had some chicken breast with a cooked cabage thing they have going on here. We drank a special tea mix they make by themselves here, very good. Afterwords we got to work.... first a warm up of 5-10 min in the sauna until you start sweating heavily. Then a quick shower, then back to the sauna for another 5-10 min, then cold pool, (steam comes out off you when you go into the cold water) then the 'Banshi' came. This guy was a buffed dude. He wears a hat and holds up two branches full of leaves of an oak. You lie down on the topest floor in the sauna, and he starts to hit you and blow very hot air on your body. It is almost unbearable. You sweat very heavily, and you have to wear a special hat to protect your head from over heating. After 5-10 min of torture you go to the cold pool again, and then come back to a second round. The guys with me were amazed that I did not scream, as apearently most men scream the first time, but I couldn't give up so easly after I busted their butts in training... The whole experience was great and we had some great laughs and quality conversation. This is what russian men are made off. They have this special bond going on between them, and I thought it was all about drinking your head off together, but now I realize there is more to it. It got me thinking about the way pleasure is percieved here. They do not run after pure pleasures here. Their pleasures are mixed with some pain. It makes it much more interesting and builts charecter. I love it, and I could realy get into it, as this is the way I see it also. As we drove home I could feel my limbs dig into the car seat. I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight.
Walking to the apartment from the car, I got a present from Vadim, who is one of the guys I realy connected here with. He gave me a 'shapochka', a knitted hat. He told me it was very special to him, and that a good friend gave it also to him. I replied that it means a lot more now that he said it. As a kid, when I had to give someone I liked a present, I would think: 'what can I give him that I wouldnt miss too much'. When I got older I understood that it is the other way around: 'what can I give him that I would miss in the future'. True presents are hard to give. The sacrifice itself makes you remember the man involved, and makes it so much more special.
I'm glad I made so many friends here. There is no faking going on in Russia. These are true, frank, hard people with pig sized hearts. I'm going to come back here in the future. I'm sure of it.

11 comments:

Ido Portal said...

Hello, dear friend.
Unfurtunatly, this is my blog and I will write what I like. I have many interests, and talking philo and making insights is only one mood I have as a complete person. Although, you will probobly like my next couple of posts, as I'm feeling the inspiration comming over me as I leave mother Russia. Check me out soon...

EdOpines said...

That's a great thought. It's been a while since I've given something that truly means something.

Becky Spencer said...

A SMS Gateway has become one of the greatest innovations in communication. It enables users to connect their software or website to send messages independently and automatically. So, now you wouldn’t have to make an effort to send OTPs to your customers as they will go out themselves.

Brandphic said...

Need a quality custom website design of your brand? Purchase our varity of website design bundles that meets your requirements.

sehatkahani said...

Absolutely agree with your words, the world is changing as time flies, so does the Healthcare services.Best Doctors in Pakistan It seems like humanity is progressing to ensure its survival more durable.

Unknown said...

There are a variety of different blogging websites, NicheKode is one of them but the difference we are trying to offer to our readers is the experience, Our team research the products like VPN, WEB Hosting and experience the products so that our readers can get the advantage of it, we test all the features and we mention the prices as well, you can check our website and latest blogs like (Best Cheap VPN in 2021, best hosting services, Lifetime VPN, Onetime purchase).

Nimra said...

I am grateful for this amazing work of yours and I am sure it is going to help me a lot. Social Media Marketing Services in Pakistan

Unknown said...

Such a great article with sensible choices of words and on top of that very informative, I have experienced this kind of work rarely about raiment.
clothing stores in karachi

SamiaRahsid said...

Impressive work, your words on clothing speak the truth and we should be heeding on with them, such information is always helpful and can fall under positivity of the society

online clothing stores in pakistan

fatima umar said...


Your words really helped here. It was hard for me to go outdoors even for pasta near me. I really wish to have crossed by it earlier.
pizza deal in karachi

EDS said...

I am glad to stop by here, your words here are so understandable that I didn't require to use any language translation services.
language translation services